Technology is changing the practice of law and the meaning of being a lawyer today. Legal practitioners and judges already use advanced technological tools in their everyday activity and innovative and powerful technologies are being developed at a great pace. Technological innovation has opened new legal scenarios, and is posing profound theoretical challenges. Consequently, legal studies are expected to reconsider the way the law is conceived and conceptualized in its current transnational and global status.
The European Center for Law, Science and New Technologies (ECLT), the Department of Law of the University of Pavia, the Collegio Ghislieri, and the University School for Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia present the course Technological Innovation and Law (TIL 2020).
The course offers the opportunity to gain insights on how the legal environment is changing, as well as to explore new possibilities of technological applications to legal professions.
Stemming from an extraordinary synergic cooperation among judiciary, bar and academy, the course offers:
- a theoretical part, taught by an international faculty board and meant to provide participants with an overview of core topics such as technology and law, computation and law, legal informatics, transnational law and more;
- a technological practical part, where participants will become familiar with innovative software tools already used in courtrooms and law firms.
The course is organized in cooperation with the Centre for Health Technologies (UNIPV) and the European Law Students Association (ELSA).
Director: Prof. Amedeo Santosuosso (ECLT, UNIPV) - Prof. Carlo Granelli (UNIPV).
Deadline for registration: 19th December 2019
Further information and registration:
administrative and accounting secretariat
Links & Attachments
- Faculty Board - The faculty board of the course TIL 2020 will be published soon
- Participants: Final ranking (Italian version)
- Participants: Final ranking (English version)